Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our Huge Duck Adventure



Okay, we were told about this place where you could go and feed the ducks here in Wasilla. Well, we went there and there were no ducks, only an iced over lake. The boys were not going to let us go home without seeing some ducks. Jeff and I swore to eachother we would never be the family parked on the side of the road feeding the ducks right there across from Wasilla Lake. It's amazing the things we'll do for our kids. We took our loaf of bread, parked on the side of the road and took a hike down to the water. There were no ducks. So we walked a ways through the woods and saw 3 ducks about 100 yards away. I gave the boys the bread and they ended up throwing the whole loaf in the water. One duck eventually made his way over to take a couple pieces and that was all the boys needed. They loved it. Blake said "mommy that was so fun". Jeff and I laughed the whole time. Not what we were thinking but the boys were thrilled.

3 comments:

The Alley Family said...

I SO enjoyed reading all of your new posts! Way to go. I couldn't even see any ducks in the picture, that's hilarious:)
I love the picture with Tanner, that is priceless.
So is the picture with Jeff reading to the boys, how sweet.
I love you tons,
Janelle

Molly said...

this is awesome. just awesome.
we were so proud of / blessed by jeff sunday. you are just a dear family.

Unknown said...

i love how youguys love your kids!!
I hope i'm just as good as a parent as youguys have been.